Financial Terms Canada
- the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
- a system that provides quantitative information about finances
- a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes; "he was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions"
- a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
- a bookkeeper''s chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts