Financial Terms Canada
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"
- a pause from doing something (as work); "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter''s fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"