Financial Terms Canada
- a fixed charge by a restaurant or night club over and above the charge for food and drink
- protect by insurance; "The insurance won''t cover this"
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
- deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"