Financial Terms Canada
- the activity of persuading someone to buy; "it was a hard sell"
- persuade somebody to accept something; "The French try to sell us their image as great lovers"
- give up for a price or reward; "She sold her principles for a successful career"
- exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent; "He sold his house in January"; "She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit"
- do business; offer for sale as for one''s livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- deliver to an enemy by treachery; "Judas sold Jesus"; "The spy betrayed his country"
- be sold at a certain price or in a certain way; "These books sell like hot cakes"
- be responsible for the sale of; "All her publicity sold the products"
- be approved of or gain acceptance; "The new idea sold well in certain circles"