Financial Terms Canada
- an aggressive attempt to compel acquiescence by the concentration or manipulation of power
- a situation in which increased costs cannot be passed on to the customer; "increased expenses put a squeeze on profits"
- a state in which there is a short supply of cash to lend to businesses and consumers and interest rates are high
- press or force; "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"